Join us for an interactive discussion on how to build powerful connections for your shift, without feeling insincere or awkward.
This Masterclass is for you if you…
- Know that ‘networking’ is vital to your shift, but feel uncomfortable about speaking to strangers
- Don’t know anyone who could help you explore exciting new industries, nor how to find people that could
- Would feel awkward asking for help from someone you’ve fallen out of touch with
- Worry about coming across as fake, inauthentic or forced when you’re talking to new people about your career change
You’ll leave with…
- Clarity on the specific people in your network that can help you discover new ideas and exciting opportunities (even if you don’t think you HAVE a network)
- Techniques to reconnect with long-lost connections without feeling rude, cold-hearted or transactional
- A process to easily find large groups of people you’re interested in connecting with, all in one place
- Confidence on how to use your network to ask for help and have authentic conversations about your career change
Author, Thought Leader and Organisational Psychologist
David is the best-selling author of ‘Friend of a Friend: Understanding the Hidden Networks That Can Transform Your Life and Your Career’. He’s written three other books about business and leadership and has won multiple awards. He’s been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, USAToday, Fast Company, the Financial Times, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, CNN, the BBC, NPR, and CBS This Morning. He’s ranked as one of the world’s top business thought leaders by Thinkers50 and his TED Talk has been viewed over two million times. He’s worked with leaders from organizations including Google, Stryker, Fidelity, Viacom, and the US Naval Academy.
A former business school professor, David holds a master’s degree in organizational psychology from the University of Oklahoma, and a doctorate in strategic leadership from Regent University. He’s passionate about helping people do their best work ever.
Head Career Coach and Facilitator
Natasha is best known to our audience as the co-creator and leader of our Launch Pad experience, and the primary writer at Careershifters. Through her coaching and facilitation, she’s helped thousands of people to shift into work they love, and is regularly featured in the media. Natasha also leads the ICF-accredited Careershifters coach training programmes.
After five years working from countries around the world, Natasha now “gets paid to be herself”, combining her work at Careershifters with a podcast and side hustle on the art and science of meaningful human connection.
How to use your hidden network to uncover new career opportunities
- How long is the Masterclass?
- What’s the format of the Masterclass?
For approximately the first half of the event, you’ll hear from one or more experts or practitioners who will be sharing their insights on the subject of the Masterclass. The second part will be an interactive Q&A session, where our panellists will be answering questions from the audience.
- What equipment will I need to take part?
You'll need an internet-connected computer / laptop, tablet or mobile device with sound.
- How will I get access to the recording?
As long as you have registered for the Masterclass you’ll be emailed personalised login details to access the recording.
- Is there an expiry date on the Masterclass?
No, there's no expiry date on the recordings and summary of the Masterclass.
- Will I be able to watch the recording more than once?
Yes, you’ll be able to watch it as many times as you like.