How to shift into a career in social impact
Masterclass page text below the button - between and after event
This Masterclass includes
Join us for a session on how to make your move into more meaningful work.
This Masterclass is for you if you…
- Would love a career that makes a positive difference to the world, but aren’t sure what that looks like in practice
- Don’t know what options are available beyond charities and NGOs
- Worry that a shift into something socially-driven would mean a massive drop in salary
- Struggle to see which of your skills would be transferable to a social impact environment
- Want to find a career that makes a meaningful impact, and also suits your values and personality
You’ll leave with…
- A clear picture of the social impact landscape and the options for working within it (it’s a lot bigger than you think)
- An understanding of the classic myths, misperceptions and outdated ideas about socially-driven industries
- Clarity about how your skill-set could be applied for social good
- Ideas for where to start exploring the social impact sector in practical ways
- A series of insightful questions to help you assess where you might fit best
Social Entrepreneur, Impact Leader and Author
Roshan Paul is a social entrepreneur and impact leader with over 20 years experience of solving social problems. He co-founded the Amani Institute in 2010: an award-winning social enterprise based in Kenya, Brazil and India, which runs projects in over 30 countries. He’s co-authored the Amazon Number 1 bestseller The New Reason to Work: How to Build a Career that will Change the World, which looks at how to unlock a career in social impact.
Roshan’s spoken at over fifty universities / institutions around the world and has given two TEDx talks. He’s been featured in Forbes, the Stanford Social Innovation Review, MIT’s Innovations Journal, India Today, and the India Development Review. He’s passionate about creating impact on a systemic and global scale.
Head Career Coach, Writer and Facilitator
Natasha Stanley is head coach, writer, and experience designer for Careershifters. Through her concepts, coaching and facilitation, she’s helped thousands of people to shift into work they love. She speaks regularly on the subject of career change, and is regularly featured in the media.
After five years living and working out of a backpack in eleven countries around the world, she’s now settled in the Canary Islands, where you can find her listening to neuroscience podcasts, learning pottery, and dreaming up her next adventure.
- How long is the Masterclass?
- What’s the format of the Masterclass?
For approximately the first half of the event, you’ll hear from one or more experts or practitioners who will be sharing their insights on the subject of the Masterclass.
The second part will be an interactive Q&A session, where our panellists will be answering questions from the audience.
- What equipment will I need to take part?
You'll need an internet-connected computer / laptop, tablet or mobile device with sound.
- When will the recording of the Masterclass be available?
Normally the recording will be available within 48 hours of the Masterclass and the Summary Notes from the Masterclass will be with you within approximately 10 days.
- How will I get access to the recording?
As long as you’ve registered for the Masterclass (either to watch live or as a recording) you’ll be emailed personalised login details to access the recording.