Join us for an interactive discussion on how to make a career change when you’re worried it’s “too late”.
This Masterclass is for you if you…
- Worry that your age makes you less likely to find fulfilling work, despite your skills and experience
- Would love to do something with more purpose in your next chapter, but don’t want to lose your financial freedom
- Struggle to communicate your new career change identity in a way that has others take you seriously
- Feel awkward at the prospect of ‘starting at the bottom’ when you’re likely to be older than your new colleagues
- Have invested a lot of time and energy into your career, and feel like you’ll be throwing it all away if you do something completely different
You’ll leave with…
- A strategy to deal with ageism (both in your head and in the workplace), that helps you feel clear and confident about making a shift
- Techniques to experiment with new career opportunities and make sure they’re right for you
- Advice on how to manage the practical and financial aspects of making a career change in later life, that gives you the freedom to do something more fulfilling
- An understanding of how to highlight your expertise and experience in a way that helps you stand out
Founder, Entrepreneur and Encore Career Advocate
Julia Randell-Khan is a Senior Fellow at Encore.org and co-founded Encore Fellows UK, which helps people make later life career transitions into the social sector. She’s also a Consulting Fellow on the New Map of Life™ programme at Stanford Center on Longevity.
Prior to her own career transition, Julia spent 25+ years in the international legal field, with Norton Rose Fulbright and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. Finding there was no road map for her own career transition, Julia created her own, becoming a longevity entrepreneur and encore career advocate. She set up Women in Transition to support senior women shifting from long-term careers and is also a mentor with Fair Trials, a Human rights NGO.
Head Career Coach and Facilitator
Natasha is best known to our audience as the co-creator and leader of our Launch Pad experience, and the primary writer at Careershifters. Through her coaching and facilitation, she’s helped thousands of people to shift into work they love, and is regularly featured in the media. Natasha also leads the ICF-accredited Careershifters coach training programmes.
After five years working from countries around the world, Natasha now “gets paid to be herself”, combining her work at Careershifters with a podcast and side hustle on the art and science of meaningful human connection.
How to find a new, fulfilling career later in life
- Where does the Masterclass take place?
It takes place entirely online. This means you can take part from wherever you are in the world. As soon as you reserve a place, we'll send you details of how you can join the Masterclass.
- How long is the Masterclass?
- How is the Masterclass delivered?
It’s delivered on Zoom Webinar, which is free to download. After you’ve registered, you’ll receive an individualised link to the Masterclass in a separate email which will have all the joining instructions.
- I’m not free on the day / at the time of the Masterclass. Can I still watch it?
Yes you can. Please register for the Masterclass following one of the links above. After the live Masterclass has taken place, we’ll send a link to the recording, normally the day after the Masterclass, so you can watch it in your own time.
- What’s the format of the Masterclass?
For approximately the first half of the event, you’ll hear from one or more experts or practitioners who’ll be sharing their insights on the subject of the Masterclass. The second part will be an interactive Q&A session, where our panellists will be answering questions from you and the rest of the audience.
- Will I be able to ask questions to the speakers?
Yes. You’ll be able to send in questions for the speakers before the Masterclass and ask questions live on the Masterclass itself. Once you’ve registered, we’ll send you a link to submit your questions. We'll include as many audience questions as we can.
- What equipment will I need to take part?
You'll need an internet-connected computer / laptop, tablet or mobile device with sound.
- Will I get a recording of the Masterclass?
Yes. After the live Masterclass has taken place, we’ll give you access to a recording of the event, which you’ll be able to access in a private part of our website. Normally the recording will be available within 48 hours of the Masterclass and the Summary Notes from the Masterclass will be with you within approximately 10 days.
- I’ve lost my individual link to be able to join the Masterclass – what should I do?
First of all check your junk email folder in case it is there. The link would have been sent the same day that you registered for the Masterclass. If you can’t find it please contact us at email@example.com.