How to craft a CV/resume that works for your career change
Masterclass page text below the button - between and after event
This Masterclass includes
1hr Recording to watch when it suits you
Report with key insights and references
Join us for a session on how to present yourself ‘on paper’ in a way that supports your shift.
This Masterclass is for you if you…
- Worry that your current CV/resume is keeping you trapped in your current career
- Don’t know how to make sense of your changing story on paper, and think you’ll never be shortlisted for roles
- Know that your existing CV/resume isn’t geared to where you want to get to or for reaching a new audience
- Aren’t sure how to present gaps in your career history or unusual information in a way that’s authentic and compelling
- Struggle to communicate your best skills and key experience, without over- or under-selling yourself
You’ll leave with…
- Insights into how to tailor your CV/resume to support your career change
- An understanding of what makes your CV/resume a door-opener, so that busy decision-makers will stop and take note
- A strategy for building an effective ‘page 1’ structure, focused on what an employer wants to see and that will encourage them into action
- Practical approaches for crafting a set of opening messages and effective following bullet points, that highlight your skills, experience and what you love to do
- Thoughts around how to build a CV/resume data vault to unearth your best evidence
Author and Career Strategist
John Lees is one of the UK’s best known career experts. He has published 15 books on careers and work including the UK best-seller ‘How to Get a Job You Love’. His books have been translated into Arabic, Georgian, Polish, Japanese and Spanish.
John was previously Chief Executive of the Institute of Employment Consultants and was a founding board member of the Career Development Institute. He holds degrees from the Universities of Cambridge, London and Liverpool and is a NICEC Fellow
Head Career Coach, Writer and Facilitator
Natasha Stanley is head coach, writer, and experience designer for Careershifters. Through her concepts, coaching and facilitation, she’s helped thousands of people to shift into work they love. She speaks regularly on the subject of career change, and is regularly featured in the media.
After five years living and working out of a backpack in eleven countries around the world, she’s now settled in the Canary Islands, where you can find her listening to neuroscience podcasts, learning pottery, and dreaming up her next adventure.
- How long is the Masterclass?
- What’s the format of the Masterclass?
For approximately the first half of the event, you’ll hear from one or more experts or practitioners who will be sharing their insights on the subject of the Masterclass.
The second part will be an interactive Q&A session, where our panellists will be answering questions from the audience.
- What equipment will I need to take part?
You'll need an internet-connected computer / laptop, tablet or mobile device with sound.
- How will I get access to the recording?
As long as you have registered for the Masterclass you’ll be emailed personalised login details to access the recording.
- Is there an expiry date on the Masterclass?
No, there's no expiry date on the recordings and summary of the Masterclass.
- Will I be able to watch the recording more than once?
Yes, you’ll be able to watch it as many times as you like.