What are our Masterclasses – and why take part?
Our online Career Change Masterclasses are 1-hour interactive discussions with subject matter experts on topics of relevance to our audience of career changers.
They’re designed to leave our participants with actionable insights to help them move faster towards fulfilling work.
Most of our experts find the primary benefit of taking part in a Masterclass is an opportunity to gain visibility in front of our 1m+ annual website visitors and our 180k+ mailing list.
Experts also enjoy adding direct value to our participants in a fun and interactive way.
Finally, we’re also happy to mention an expert’s book or podcast during our promotion and follow-up from the Masterclass.
Who are our Masterclass experts?
Our panellists are subject matter experts who:
- Have authored a book or have a well followed blog or podcast in the area you’re most passionate about, that’s in a subject relevant to our audience.
- Enjoy speaking TED style to large online audiences.
- Bring a subject specialism that's complementary to career change, or have a personal and distinct career change methodology to share.
We’ve worked with experts from the UK, USA and Europe.
See our Masterclasses page for more details.
Who are our audience?
They’re bright, motivated mid-career professionals who feel stuck in the wrong career.
They're ready to do something about it and are open to getting help.
They’re mainly located in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia and Europe, and are roughly divided 65% female / 32% male and 3% other.
We also have a number of career coaches who regularly attend the Masterclasses.
What’s the format of the Masterclass?
Our Masterclasses are designed to bring experts into direct conversation with our audience.
They’re held on Zoom Webinar, typically on a Tuesday evening, from 8pm - 9pm UK time / 3pm - 4pm Eastern.
They’re split into two sections:
- A presentation from our panelist for 20 minutes (TED style) focused on three or four key learnings, with real life examples and a handful of slides.
- Q&A session with our audience for the remaining time.
Our Masterclass moderator will facilitate the session, including the Q&A.
Afterwards we share the recording and a Summary Notes PDF (detailing the key learnings, references and links from the Masterclass) with each participant.
Below is an example of a Masterclass we ran with author and speaker David Burkus, and the Masterclass Notes we published after the event.
What’s the time commitment?
We aim to make the process as smooth and easy for you, while also leaving you feeling fully prepared and comfortable ahead of your Masterclass.
As such, we hold:
- A 45-minute ‘Introductory Call’ to meet our team, answer questions, discuss three or four initial content ideas and to see if a Masterclass is a good fit on both sides.
- A 20-minute week before call to run through any questions that have come up.
- A 30-minute pre-call before the hour long Masterclass and a 15-minute debrief afterwards (to capture your feedback).
We ask that you prepare a handful of slides to illustrate your presentation, which we’re happy to assist you with. In between calls we’ll send you additional information to help you prepare.
What are the fees?
To be as fair as we can, our honorarium fees for our experts are based on 25% of the total net sales for the live event.
This starts from a minimum payment of £250 ($345 / €290) and averages at £490 ($680 / €575).
We’re happy to promote your book(s), website and other social media, in our Summary Notes PDF, prepared following the Masterclass.
We’ll also share with you a social media promotion pack, to promote your Masterclass with your own audience.