We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for all of our customers, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the workshop or course without a refund at the discretion of course or workshop organisers. We expect participants to follow these rules in all Careershifters workshops and courses and any related social activities.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, course organisers retain the right to take any actions to keep the course a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
Event organisers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the course or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules in all Careershifters workshops and courses and any related social activities.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible.
You can make a personal report by:
- Speaking directly to your workshop/ course leader
- Emailing us at email@example.com
When taking a personal report, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard.
They may involve other staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we'll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we'll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won't be asked to confront anyone and we won't tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact local law enforcement, local support services, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the course. We value your attendance.